The Pennsylvania Lumber Museum Association (PALMA) is a volunteer based, not-for-profit organization. Becoming a member of PALMA helps to support the Pennsylvania Lumber Museum’s mission by providing funding for publicity, staff, and special projects.
Benefits of membership include:
- Free admission to the museum and PALMA-sponsored events for twelve months.
- Reduced admissions to educational workshops, seminars, camps, and evening programs
- 10% discount on purchases made in the museum store
- Subscription to the quarterly Woodchips newsletter
- Invitation to annual fall PALMA membership meeting
Memberships can be purchased on this page through the PayPal Buy Now button or by printing and returning this form along with a check payable PALMA to PO Box 239, Galeton, PA 16922.
Memberships are valid for twelve consecutive months. Memberships expire on the last day of the month in the month prior to that in which the membership purchase was made in the following year (i.e. a membership purchased on July 2, 2023 would expire on June 30, 2024).
As an added benefit, Pennsylvania Lumber Museum Associates are eligible for a discounted membership to the Pennsylvania Heritage Foundation. To claim that benefit today, purchase your PALMA membership through the PayPal Buy now button below.
As the Lumber Museum’s fundraising arm, the associates have supported a wide range of projects, including:
- Construction of two log cars for the camp
- Restoration of the Barnhart Log Loader
- Implementation and financing of numerous sawmill demonstrations
- Educational programming
- Relocation and preservation of the 1936 CCC chestnut cabin
- Acquisition and restoration of the 1945 Brookville Switch Engine
- Purchase of a 1917 Ford Model T Runabout
- Operation and management of the Gift Shop
- Construction of the Birch Still
- A supporting gift of $50,000 for the 2015 Visitor’s Center expansion/renovation project
- Restoration of the 1917 Ford Model T for inclusion in the Challenges & Choices exhibition
- Repair/stabilization of the Shay Locomotive
The PALMA Board is…
Board of Directors: Roger Hetrick – President, Michael Callahan – Vice President, John Halter – Treasurer, Patricia Berberich – Secretary
Duane Herr, Curt Weinhold, Steve Perrine, Ken Wingo, Cliff Wood, Holly Komonczi, Paul Lilja, Janifer Halter, Edward Szymanik, Lisa Weimer
Associate Staff: Lynn Thornley – Bookkeeper, Barbara Peters – Customer Service/ Gift Shop, Jonathon Gulyas – Visitor Services Assistant
Associate Committees: Events – Janifer Halter; Antique & Collectible Shows – Lisa Weimer; Museum Shop – Barb Peters; Personnel – Roger Hetrick; Finance – John Halter/ Lynn Thornley; Woodchips – Newsletter Barb Peters;
PALMA is a Federally-recognized 501-c(3) non-profit organization, and is registered with the Pennsylvania Bureau of Corporations and Charitable Organizations (Cert.# 2317). A copy of PALMA’s most recent Federal non-profit tax filing return (Form 990 EZ) is available here: