PALMA Memberships are available for purchase on-site, online, or by mail. The benefits of membership include free admission to the Pennsylvania Lumber Museum and all PALMA’s events (including Bark Peelers’ Festival), a 10% discount while shopping in the museum store, a subscription to the quarterly Woodchips newsletter, and an invitation to attend the annual membership meeting meeting (typically held during October/November). Becoming a member of PALMA helps to support the Pennsylvania Lumber Museum’s mission by providing funding for publicity, staff, and special projects. Associates who volunteer at the Lumber Museum lend experience, time, and enthusiasm to the Lumber Museum.
To purchase a membership online, please download, print, and mail in the PALMA membership form. Payments can be made by mailing a check with the membership form or on this page through the PayPal Pay Buy Now button.
As an added benefit, Pennsylvania Lumber Museum Associates are eligible for a discounted membership to the Pennsylvania Heritage Foundation. To claim that benefit today, purchase your PALMA membership through the PayPal Buy now button below.
As the Lumber Museum’s fundraising arm, the associates have supported a wide range of projects, including:
- Construction of two log cars for the camp
- Restoration of the Barnhart Log Loader
- Implementation and financing of numerous sawmill demonstrations
- Educational programming
- Relocation and preservation of the 1936 CCC chestnut cabin
- Acquisition and restoration of the 1945 Brookville Switch Engine
- Purchase of a 1917 Ford Model T Runabout
- Operation and management of the Gift Shop
- Construction of the Birch Still
- A supporting gift of $50,000 for the 2015 Visitor’s Center expansion/renovation project
- Restoration of the 1917 Ford Model T for inclusion in the Challenges & Choices exhibition
- Repair/stabilization of the Shay Locomotive
The PALMA Board is…
Board of Directors: Robert Miller – President, Roger Hetrick – Vice President, John Halter – Treasurer
Joe Bradley, Duane Herr, Curt Weinhold, Michael Callahan, Steve Perrine, Ken Wingo, Cliff Wood, Holly Komonczi, Paul Lilja, John and Janifer Halter, Edward Szymanik, Lisa Weimer
Associate Staff: Lynn Thornley – Bookkeeper, Barbara Peters – Gift Shop Attendant
Associate Committees: Annual Meeting Bob Miller; Bark Peelers’ Festival Bob Miller; Antique & Collectible Shows Lisa Weimer; Memberships Collene Flory; Museum Shop Barb Peters; Personnel Bob Miller; Woodchips Newsletter Barb Peters; Events Janifer Halter
PALMA is a Federally-recognized 501-c(3) non-profit organization, and is registered with the Pennsylvania Bureau of Corporations and Charitable Organizations (Cert.# 2317). A copy of PALMA’s most recent Federal non-profit tax filing return (Form 990 EZ) is available here: