Put on your flannel, grab a mug, and join us on Saturday September 16, 2023, at 4 PM for an evening of lumberjack competitions, craft beer, live music, food, and fun! Watch as up to 15 semi-professional lumberjacks compete in six different events for cash prizes, as administered by members of the Pennsylvania Professional Lumberjack Organization. Logyard Brewing of Kane, PA, will be on-site to provide a variety of their canned craft beers for attendees to enjoy. Live music will be performed by The Hey!Makers, and two local eateries- Out of the Box Stellar Food and Cream ‘n Sugar- will be serving tasty eats. Try your hand at using a 2-person crosscut saw or throw some axes at the museum’s new axe throwing range.
Tickets to the event provide access to the museum and all event activities listed above. Each ticket holder will also be provided with two tokens that are each redeemable for a 16oz can of beer from the selection of brews that Logyard Brewing brings to the event. PALMA members are eligible for a discounted admission rate, but this event is not free as part of museum membership. The total number of tickets available will be limited, so don’t wait- buy them today!
(Pre-sale ends September 15th at 3 PM, or when all tickets have been sold. All pre-sale ticket sales for this event are non-transferable and non-refundable. YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OF AGE TO PURCHASE TICKETS AND ATTEND THIS EVENT!!!)
- Regular: $12.00
- PALMA Members: $10.00
- Designated Driver (no beer tokens): $8.00
At the Door:
- Regular: $15.00
- PALMA Members: $12.00
- Designated Driver (no beer tokens): $10.00
Things to Know:
- The museum will be open for regular visitation on September 16th from 9am until 3pm. We will CLOSE EARLY to the public to provide staff the time they will need to set up for the evening’s event. All regular visitors that day must leave the site by 3 PM.
- Doors will open for event attendees at 3:30 PM. All attendees are expected to leave the site promptly at 7 PM, following the conclusion of the lumberjack competition; staff will need time to clean up and get home.
- Attendees MUST be 21 years of age or older to purchase tickets and gain access to the museum for this event. Attendees must provide a valid photo ID showing proof of age to gain entry to the event. Guests under the age of 21 will not be allowed on-site during the event (including children accompanied by their parents; please leave your kids at home for this one!).
- If you purchase pre-sale tickets, you must bring a copy of the confirmation email you received with your purchase with you to gain access to the event.
- No outside alcoholic beverages may be brought on to the museum property or consumed by attendees or presenters at the event; only the alcoholic beverages provided by Logyard Brewing are allowed. Attendees will receive and wear wrist bands to let the Logyard staff know they are valid ticket holders 21 years of age or older.
- Attendees are encouraged to bring portable seating with them (i.e. lawn/folding/camp chairs, a blanket, etc.). A limited number of picnic tables in the lumberjack spectator area will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- The lumberjack competition arena and competitor staging area will be roped-off from the rest of the museum grounds. Attendees are not allowed beyond the ropes and must keep-out of these areas.
- More information about the PA Professional Lumberjack Organization can be found here: https://pplo.org/
- More information about Logyard Brewing can be fund here: https://www.logyardbrewing.com/
- More information about The Hey!Makers can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/@The_HeyMakers
- More information about Out of the Box Stellar Food can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100087327233524
- More information about Cream ‘n Sugar can be found here: https://www.creamnsugar.us/