Sunday, July 2, 2017• 2:30 pm
All Contestants must be Registered
1. This is an amateur competition. Contestants must be 16
years of age or older.
2. Elimination contest.
3. Birling will be done with sneakers or bare feet only. No
4. Practice session supervised by a water safety person will
take place during the morning hours on July 2nd.
5. Contestants will be required to sign a waiver.
6. Contestant must be present 1/2 hour before contest time.
7. Winning contestant becomes the Pennsylvania State
8. Prizes to be awarded: $40, 1st prize; $30, 2nd prize; $20,
3rd prize; $10, 4th prize. Points toward Grand Champion
– Log –
I . Contestant must remain on his/her side of the log.
2. Contest log is 16’ in length; white pine.
3. Last person on log determines winner. Judges’ decisions
are official and final.
Any competitor winning 1st place three consecutive times
may not compete in the contest for 1 year.
Contest Chairpersons: Cora & Ed Thompson; Ed Darrin