PALMA Memberships are available for purchase on-site, online, or by mail. The benefits of membership are free admission to the Pennsylvania Lumber Museum and PALMA’s events (including Bark Peelers’ Festival), a 10% discount in the Lumber Museum Gift Shop, a subscription to Woodchips, and an invitation to the annual meeting. PALMA memberships support the Pennsylvania Lumber Museum’s mission by providing funding for publicity, support staff, and special projects. Associates who volunteer at the Lumber Museum lend experience, time, and enthusiasm to the Lumber Museum.
To purchase a membership online, please download, print, and mail in the PALMA membership form. Payments can be made by mailing a check with the membership form or on this page through the PayPal Pay Buy Now button.
As an added benefit, Pennsylvania Lumber Museum Associates are eligible for a discounted membership to the Pennsylvania Heritage Foundation. To claim that benefit today, purchase your PALMA membership through the PayPal Buy now button below.
As the Lumber Museum’s fundraising arm, the associates have supported a wide range of projects, including:
- Construction of two log cars for the camp
- Restoration of the Barnhart Log Loader
- Implementation and financing of numerous sawmill demonstrations
- Educational programming
- Relocation and preservation of the 1936 CCC chestnut cabin
- Acquisition and restoration of the 1945 Brookville Switch Engine
- Purchase of a 1917 Ford Model T Runabout
- Operation and management of the Gift Shop
- Construction of the Birch Still
- A supporting gift of $50,000 for the 2015 Visitor’s Center expansion/renovation project
- Restoration of the 1917 Ford Model T for inclusion in the Challenges & Choices exhibition
- Repair/stabilization of the Shay Locomotive
The PALMA Board is…
Board of Directors: Robert Miller – President, Pete Folk – Vice President, Nancy Hetrick – Secretary, Robert Pickup, Sr – Treasurer
Roger Hetrick, Duane Herr, Curt Weinhold, Michael Callahan, Steve Perrine, Ken Wingo, Cliff Wood, Steve Manginell, Paul Lilja, John and Janifer Halter, Edward Szymanik
Associate Staff: Anna Wales – Education & Outreach Coordinator, Lynn Thornley – Bookkeeper, Collene Flory – Gift Shop Attendant, Barbara Peters – Gift Shop Attendant
Associate Committees: Annual Meeting Bob Miller Bark Peelers’ Festival Bob Miller Antique & Collectible Shows Pete Folk Youth Field Day Bob Miller/ Paul Lilja Events Anna Wales Memberships Collene Flory Museum Shop Barb Peters Personnel Bob Miller Woodchips Newsletter Anna Wales, Roger & Nancy Hetrick Events, Janifer Halter