PALMA Memberships are available for purchase on site, online, or by mail. To start, please download, print, and mail this membership form: PALMA Membership Form- Revised Feb 2019. Payments can be made by check or through PayPal.
The benefits of membership are free admission to the Lumber Museum and PALMA’s events – including Bark Peelers’ Festival- a 10% discount in the Lumber Museum Gift Shop, a newsletter to keep you up to speed, and an invitation to the annual meeting.
PALMA membership supports the Museum’s mission by providing funding for publicity, support staff, and special projects. Associates often volunteer at the Lumber Museum, lending experience, time, and enthusiasm to the Lumber Museum.
As the Lumber Museum’s fundraising arm, the associates have supported a wide range of projects, including:
- Construction of two log cars for the camp
- Restoration of the Barnhart Log Loader
- Implementation and financing of numerous sawmill demonstrations
- Educational programming
- Relocation and preservation of the 1936 CCC chestnut cabin
- Acquisition and restoration of the 1945 Brookville Switch Engine
- Purchase of a 1917 Ford Model T Runabout
- Operation and management of the Gift Shop
- Construction of the Birch Still
- A supporting gift of $50,000 for the 2015 Visitor’s Center expansion/renovation project
- Restoration of the 1917 Ford Model T for inclusion in the Challenges & Choices exhibition
- Repair/stabilization of the Shay Locomotive
The PALMA Board is…
Board of Directors: Robert Miller – President, Pete Folk – Vice President, Nancy Hetrick – Secretary, Robert Pickup, Sr – Treasurer
Roger Hetrick, Sam Cooke, Curt Weinhold, Michael Callahan, Steve Perrine, Ken Wingo, Cliff Wood, Steve Manginell, Paul Lilja, John and Janiffer Halter, Edward Szymanik
Associate Staff: Anna Wales – Education & Outreach Coordinator, Lynn Thornley – Bookkeeper, Collene Flory – Gift Shop Attendant, Barbara Peters – Gift Shop Attendant
Associate Committees: Annual Meeting Bob Miller Bark Peelers’ Festival Bob Miller Antique & Collectible Shows Pete Folk Youth Field Day Bob Miller/ Paul Lilja Events Anna Wales Memberships Collene Flory Museum Shop Barb Peters Personnel Bob Miller Woodchips Newsletter Anna Wales, Roger & Nancy Hetrick Events Josh Roth, Anna Wales, Janifer Halter