A Patron membership to PALMA admits a family and two guests to the Pennsylvania Lumber Museum and all PALMA sponsored-events. Members also receive a 10% discount in the gift shop, a subscription to the quarterly newsletter, and an invitation to the annual meeting.
PALMA membership supports the Museum’s mission by providing funding for publicity, support staff, and special projects. Associates often volunteer at the Lumber Museum, lending experience, time, and enthusiasm to the Lumber Museum.
As the Lumber Museum’s fundraising arm, the associates have supported a wide range of projects, including:
- Construction of two log cars for the camp
- Restoration of the Barnhart Log Loader
- Implementation and financing of numerous sawmill demonstrations
- Educational programming
- Relocation and preservation of the 1936 CCC chestnut cabin
- Acquisition and restoration of the 1945 Brookville Switch Engine
- Purchase of a 1917 Ford Model T Runabout
- Operation and management of the Gift Shop
- Construction of the Birch Still
- A supporting gift of $50,000 for the 2015 Visitor’s Center expansion/renovation project
- Restoration of the 1917 Ford Model T for inclusion in the Challenges & Choices exhibition
- Repair/stabilization of the Shay Locomotive