All Contestants must be Registered
Sunday, July 2, 2017 AT 1:00pm
- This is an amateur competition. Contestants must be 16 years of
age or older.
- Event will be chaired and supervised by the President of the
Pennsylvania Professional Lumberjack Organization.
- Museum will provide: two (2) modified Simonds lance tooth
saws, 5-1/2’ long; chaps optional, metal stands. Each competition
team must use the museum’s saws, logs, and metal stands to make
the “playing field” as equal as possible.
- Competition logs will be marked at 2” intervals. Anyone cutting
over or into the line will be disqualified.
- This is an elimination event. Starting cadence will be 3-2-1-Go.
Starting before “Go” will result in disqualifications. The fastest time
wins the heat.
- Only the complete cut counts. Heat will end when the disc is
completely cut through.
- In the event of a tie, a “Cut-off” will be scheduled. Competitors
involved in a “cut-off’ must compete with original partners.
- Judges decisions are official and final.
PRIZES: 1st place team, $50.00; 2nd place team. $30.00; 3rd
place team, $10.00, 4th place team: $10.00. Points toward Grand
Any competitor winning 1st place 3 consecutive times, may not
compete in this contest for 1 year.
Event Chairmen: Bill Simcox, with Pauline, Elizabeth