Sunday, July 7, 2019 at 1:00pm
- This is an amateur competition. Contestants must be 16 years of age or older.
- Event will be chaired and supervised by the President of the Pennsylvania Professional Lumberjack Organization.
- Museum will provide: two (2) modified Simonds lancetooth saws, 5-1/2’ long; chaps optional, metal stands. Each competition.team must use the museum’s saws, logs, and metal stands to make the “playing field” as even as possible.
- Competition logs will be marked at 2” intervals. Anyone cutting over or into the line will be disqualified.
- This is an elimination event. Starting cadence will be 3-2-1-Go.
- Starting before “Go” will result in disqualifications. The fastest time wins the heat.
- Only the complete cut counts. Heat will end when the disc is completely cut through.
- In the event of a tie, a “Cut-off” will be scheduled. Competitors involved in a “cut-off’ must compete with original partners.
- Judges decisions are official and final.
PRIZES: 1st place team, $50.00; 2nd place team. $30.00; 3rd place team, $10.00, 4th place team: $10.00. Points toward Grand
Champion Barkpeeler. Any competitor winning 1st place 3 consecutive times, may not compete in this contest for 1 year.
Event Chairmen: Bill, Pauline, Elizabeth Simcox