July 6, 2019
We are looking for the Best Apple Pie in Potter County!
July 6, 2019: All pies are due for judging between 9 AM – 12 PM.
Rules and Regulations:
1. This is an amateur competition.
2. Apple pies are baked at home.
3. Apple pies are predominantly made with apples.
4. Apple pies must be delivered to the museum before 12:00 noon.
5. Pies are judged for flavor, texture, visual appeal.
6. In each category the apple pie is given a score: Excellent, 3 points; Good, 2 points; Fair, 1 point. Finally, the pie receiving the highest total score is declared the winner!
7. Following the conclusion of the contest, all pie entries and pie dishes become the property of PALMA and are sold. Proceeds from the pie sale support the volunteer organization.
8. Any competitor winning 1st place three consecutive times may not compete in this contest for 1 year.
The First Place Apple Pie is awarded $50.00 and a blue ribbon. Second Place Apple Pie is awarded $25.00 and a red ribbon.
And the Third Place Apple Pie is awarded $15.00 and a white ribbon.
Contact PALMA for more information at (814) 435-2652.